August 19, 2019
Frisbie Memorial Hospital is pleased to announce that it has received a five-star quality rating from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) for a second year in a row. Frisbie is one of only three of the 26 acute care hospitals in N.H. to receive the highest overall rating. Hospitals earning the five-star rating, such as Frisbie Memorial Hospital, perform above average overall to all hospitals across the country on quality measures, such as safety of care, readmission rates, patient experience, and efficient use of medical imaging. Of the more than 4,500 hospitals nationwide, fewer than 10 percent receive the five-star rating.
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services instituted the Hospital Compare rating system for patients to compare hospitals so that they may choose an organization that aligns with their preferences and healthcare needs. The Hospital Compare overall rating summarizes how hospitals performed on 57 quality measures, which are divided into seven categories: mortality, safety of care, readmission, patient experience, effectiveness of care, timeliness of care, efficient use of medical imaging, and unplanned hospital visits.
Frisbie Memorial Hospital efforts to improve quality and safety include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure adequate nurse staffing ratios for safe, high-quality care for all
- Low re-admission rate through support of hospital medical staff, primary care offices, and Mobile Integrated Health Program
- Interdisciplinary patient experience committee, which includes the voice of the community, to support efforts to maintain high levels of performance
- Patient Safety Committee with active engagement from staff and community
- Participation in the Leapfrog voluntary safety survey