Oncologists in Rochester, New Hampshire
At Frisbie Memorial Hospital, our cancer care team is dedicated to providing compassionate and comprehensive oncology services in Greater Rochester.
Our goal is to offer patient-centered cancer care at any stage and ensure our patients feel supported every step of the way.
For more information about our comprehensive services, please call the Center for Cancer Care and Hematology at (603) 335-8490.
Compassionate cancer care
At the Center for Cancer Care and Hematology, our highly specialized team is committed to providing evidence-based medical care, which is the foundation of successful cancer treatment.
We understand that our patients can be overwhelmed with many other aspects of their diagnosis, which is why our dedicated team provides patient- and family-centered care in every way that we can.
A multidisciplinary approach to cancer treatment
Our team of cancer care experts works closely with highly experienced specialists for optimal treatment to ensure patients receive the best care possible. Our team includes:
- Medical oncologists
- Oncology nurses
- Support staff, including case managers, rehabilitation specialists, registered dietitians, palliative care specialists and financial counselors
Oncology treatments, programs and services
Our specialized cancer care team offers tailored treatments and comprehensive programs and services, including:
- Bone marrow biopsies
- Case management
- Chemotherapy and biotherapy
- Consultation for hematology and oncology
- Hospice care (in collaboration with regional hospice care programs)
- Infusion therapies
- Nutritional services
- Oral chemotherapy program
- Palliative care and supportive care
- Physical therapy
- Radiation oncology (offsite)
- Supportive services, including exercise classes, lymphedema programs and smoking cessation
Lung Cancer Diagnosis and Treatment Plans
The Chest Center at Frisbie Memorial Hospital provides a multidisciplinary evaluation and diagnostic center for patients with known or suspected cancers of the lung. The Center’s specialists develop and coordinate individualized plans of care for the evaluation, diagnosis, treatment and follow-up care for timely and supportive management of a complex disease.
Patients are provided the ease and convenience of having access to all of their medical specialists in one place at one time. We make the process of diagnosing and treating easier by eliminating the need for multiple visits to multiple specialists.
What can be treated at Frisbie’s Chest Center?
- Known or suspected cancers of the lung and surrounding areas
- Benign (non-cancerous) tumors
- Pulmonary nodules
- Pleural effusions
- Radiographic abnormalities of the chest
- Second opinions
CT Scans, MRI, X-Rays, PET, and Other Diagnostic Technologies:
- Imaging Services such as CT Scan, low dose radiation, CT assisted FNA, VCAR, X-rays, MRI, PET, Nuclear medicine
- Testing such as pulmonary function testing, stress testing
- Advanced diagnostic & therapeutic bronchoscopy
- Pulmonary nodule management
- Endobronchial ultrasound (EBUS)
- Video-assisted thorascopic surgery (VATS)
Frisbie Memorial Hospital’s cancer rehabilitation program aims to increase patients’ quality of life, reduce depression, relieve fatigue, improve heart and lung performance, enhance muscular strength and endurance and increase flexibility and balance. Our exercise program is rooted in the protocols established by the Rocky Mountain Cancer Rehabilitation Institute (RMCRI), which is part of the Northern University of Colorado and has been researching the impact of exercise on cancer patients since 1996.
We have adapted the RMCRI’s four-phase program and married it to our physical therapy knowledge to offer a multidisciplinary approach to patients experiencing chemotherapy toxicity and deconditioning as a result of their primary cancer treatments. Our goal is to use these techniques to help patients regain health and mobility during or after cancer treatments.
Our core treatments are always one-on-one and set at a level appropriate to your cancer diagnosis and physical condition when you enter the program. Each patient will receive individually tailored:
- Balance training
- Cardiovascular exercises
- Flexibility training
- Strength training