June 22, 2020
Rochester, Derry, and Portsmouth, NH - In New Hampshire, unemployment has risen from less than 3 percent to over 14 percent since the beginning of the pandemic. That number is expected to continue to rise as the economy struggles to stabilize. The COVID-19 pandemic has created uncertainty for many who have lost their jobs due to the economic impacts of the virus. The loss of health insurance coverage is a major concern for those recently unemployed.
Frisbie Hospital is working to assist those who find themselves without health insurance coverage for their families by establishing a hotline to assist those who have lost health insurance coverage to secure temporary coverage while they are unemployed.
The hotline at (833) 867-8771 is available Monday - Friday from 8:00am - 6:00pm
"Part of our mission is to ensure the health of the communities we serve through our hospitals and healthcare providers," said Jeff Scionti, CEO of Frisbie Memorial Hospital. "An important part of that is to be there in times of need and to ensure lack of insurance coverage and fears about the COVID-19 virus do not preclude people from receiving the healthcare they need. This hotline is a tool for us to tend to the overall wellbeing of our patients and their families, and to remove barriers to seeking lifesaving care in a safe hospital environment."
Hotline advisors can discuss eligibility and advocacy services appropriate for a variety of scenarios, such as:
- Continuing an employer's existing plan for those who have recently lost a job (COBRA and other options)
- Applying for coverage via a spouse's benefit program
- Resources that may help offset the costs of health insurance
- Medicaid for those that meet certain criteria
- State and federal health insurance exchanges (such as the Affordable Care Act), and how to enroll due to a life changing event like job loss
These services are offered free of charge. Frisbie Hospital is not representing any other company or selling insurance plans.