Chronic pain in your hands and upper extremities can make life difficult, putting an end to the activities you enjoy doing. Frisbie Memorial Hospital provides custom treatments for conditions that involve muscles, tendons, nerves, blood vessels, bones, joints and ligaments in the hands and arms.
Our orthopedic specialists and surgeons have the latest tools, technology and experience to relieve pain. Sometimes, physical therapy and lifestyle changes are enough to treat your condition. However, if surgery is required, our team has the skills and expertise to correct your problem and get you moving again.
Fore more information about our hand and arm orthopedic specialists, or to schedule an appointment, call (603) 403-6010.
Hand and upper extremity conditions we treat
Symptoms of a hand, wrist, and elbow or shoulder condition include pain, weakness and numbness, swelling or tingling. We have the expertise to evaluate, treat and rehabilitate a variety of common and complex conditions, such as:
- Bursitis (inflammation of the fluid sacs between the joints in the wrist, elbow or shoulder)
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Deformations (extra digits or finger webbing)
- Dupuytren’s contracture (thickening and tightening of tissues in the palm)
- Fractures and dislocations
- Ganglion cysts (fluid-filled bump on the joints or tendons in the wrist or hand)
- Ligament injuries
- Nail bed injuries
- Nerve damage
- Rotator cuff damage
- Tendon damage (flexor, extensor, bicep)
- Trigger finger
Hand, wrist, elbow and shoulder treatments
Frisbie Memorial Hospital’s orthopedic team is skilled in hand, arm and shoulder complexities. Our team always chooses the least invasive treatments for your condition.
Nonsurgical treatments for hand and arm conditions
Surgery is not always necessary to treat your condition. We offer:
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Nerve stimulation techniques
- Custom splinting
- Injected medicines
Arm and hand surgery
If surgery is necessary, our orthopedic care program offers comprehensive care before, during and after surgery. Our orthopedic surgeons offer a variety of procedures to our patients, including:
- Carpal tunnel release
- Closed reduction and fixation
- Joint replacement
- Ligament and tendon repair and reconstruction
- Rotator cuff shoulder repair