Lung cancer specialists in Rochester
At the chest center at Frisbie Memorial Hospital, our lung cancer specialists provide comprehensive cancer care—from diagnosis to treatment.
Our expert team uses advanced diagnostics, such as imaging services and pulmonary function testing, to provide an individualized care plan for patients.
For more information about our lung cancer services, please call the Center for Cancer Care and Hematology at (603) 335-8490.
Comprehensive lung cancer care
The chest center at Frisbie Memorial Hospital provides a multidisciplinary evaluation and diagnostic testing for patients with known or suspected cancers of the lung. Our specialists develop and coordinate individualized plans of care to evaluate, diagnose, treat and coordinate follow-up care for patients with a lung cancer.
Our goal is to provide timely and supportive management of a complex disease.
Lung cancer diagnosis and treatment plans
At the chest center, patients are provided the ease and convenience of having access to all of their medical specialists in one place at one time. We make the process of diagnosing and treating patients easier by eliminating the need for multiple visits to multiple specialists.
Our specialized team is able to provide diagnosis for many kinds of lung cancers, including:
- Benign (non-cancerous) tumors
- Known or suspected cancers of the lung and surrounding areas
- Non-small cell lung cancer
- Pulmonary nodules
- Pleural effusions
- Radiographic abnormalities of the chest
- Small cell lung cancer
Advanced diagnostic technology
Our physicians use advanced technology to provide the most accurate cancer care for patients. This technology includes:
- Advanced diagnostic and therapeutic bronchoscopy
- Endobronchial ultrasound (EBUS)
- Imaging services, such as:
- Computed tomography (CT) assisted fine needle aspiration (FNA)
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Nuclear medicine
- Positron emission tomography (PET)
- Pulmonary function testing
- Pulmonary nodule management
- Stress testing
- Video-assisted thorascopic surgery (VATS)