Cancer care in Rochester, New Hampshire
A cancer diagnosis is often a difficult and emotional experience for patients and their loved ones. That's why at Frisbie Memorial Hospital, we understand cancer treatment should support the whole person, not just treat the disease. We believe compassion and hope are vital to healing and have assembled a team of specialists dedicated to providing care specific to you.
Each person has a unique cancer journey, so we approach your treatment with a commitment to providing the highest level of care specific to your needs and goals. Our team works across specialties, including pathology, radiology, surgery, nutrition, rehabilitation and palliative care to develop personalized treatment plans. This well-coordinated care ensures you feel supported and informed throughout your treatment.
Compassionate cancer care services
We fight cancer alongside you, providing treatment options to ensure you receive the best care possible. Our patient-centered care treats you as a whole person, not just your disease. That’s why we take the time to listen to you, understand your concerns and develop a plan that meets your needs.
Our team offers diagnostics, therapies and programs designed to treat, inspire hope and promote healing. These services include:
- Advanced imaging
- Bone marrow biopsies
- Case management
- Infusion therapies
- Nutritional services
- Palliative care and supportive care
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Radiation oncology (in collaboration with community partners, but soon coming to our sister facility, Portsmouth Regional Hospital)
- Supportive services, including exercise classes, lymphedema programs and smoking cessation courses
Lung cancer diagnosis and treatments
At Frisbie Memorial Hospital’s Chest Center, our multidisciplinary specialists provide a compassionate and personalized approach to evaluating, diagnosing and treating lung cancer.
We understand the challenges of navigating the complexities of cancer, and that’s why we try to make the process easier by bringing all of your medical specialists together in one place. This ease and convenience reduces the need for multiple visits.
Lung conditions we treat
Our dedicated specialists evaluate and treat a wide range of lung conditions, including:
- Benign (noncancerous) tumors
- Known or suspected cancers of the lung and surrounding areas
- Pleural effusions
- Pulmonary nodules
- Radiographic abnormalities of the chest
If you want a second opinion, our team also can evaluate your test results, talk through your treatment options, or help make sure you’ve explored all your options.
Lung diagnostics we offer
We offer advanced lung diagnostics to accurately evaluate and detect lung conditions. You’ll find the most advanced diagnostics, including computerized tomography (CT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), X-rays and positron emission tomography (PET). We also offer the following diagnostic procedures:
- Fine needle aspiration: Removes a tissue or fluid sample for further testing
- Nuclear medicine: Captures images of the body’s internal structures and functions to diagnose and treat medical conditions
- Pulmonary function testing: Measures the lungs’ function and how well they can move air
- Stress testing: Evaluates the heart’s function during physical activity and helps determine how well the heart functions during activity
- Bronchoscopy: Examines the lungs’ airways and obtains tissue samples for testing using a thin, flexible tube with a tiny camera inserted through the mouth or nose
- Pulmonary nodule management: Monitors benign (noncancerous) or malignant (cancerous) small growths in the lung through regular imaging tests to ensure they do not grow or change over time
- Endobronchial ultrasound (EBUS): Combines bronchoscopy with ultrasound imaging to examine the airways and surrounding tissues of the lungs
- Video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery (VATS): Removes parts of the diseased lung and lymph nodes to diagnose and treat conditions of the chest cavity
- Mediastinoscopy: Examines the mediastinum, the area between the lungs in the chest cavity
At Frisbie Memorial Hospital, we understand the challenges patients with cancer face during their journey to recovery. Our cancer rehabilitation program is designed to offer support as you regain your physical health and provide hope for a brighter future. We work with you to:
- Build back strength and endurance
- Improve heart and lung performance
- Improve your quality of life
- Increase flexibility and balance
- Reduce stress and other mental health concerns
- Relieve fatigue
We provide an advanced and effective rehabilitation exercise program following an evidence-based approach and work closely with you to create a personalized rehabilitation plan. We address the specific effects of chemotherapy toxicity and deconditioning resulting from primary cancer treatments. And our ultimate goal is to help you regain your health and mobility during and after cancer treatment.
When you begin the program, we design our one-on-one core treatments based on your diagnosis and physical condition. During the program, you will participate in a range of therapies, including:
- Balance training
- Cardiovascular exercises
- Flexibility training
- Strength training
We customize these therapies to address your needs and to help you achieve your goals. We’re here to support you every step on your journey to recovery so you can live your best life.
For more information about our services, please call Consult-A-Nurse at (603) 403-6010.